Kelkar Education Trust does not take any donations for admissions.
The Late Shri Annasaheb Vaze and his sons established the Kelkar Education Trust in 1979. This charitable Trust aims to reach out to all, irrespective of their standing in society, without any discrimination. Any voluntary donation to the Trust, is eligible for exemption under Section 80-G of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
Objectives of the Trust:
In order to bring education within the reach of all, the KET
- Organizes seminars, conferences, conventions
- Publishes and/or helps in publication of books, journals, etc.
- Provides relief to the underprivileged for their education
- Encourages advancement of knowledge to the general public to further the educational goals of the nation
- Liaises and/or affiliates with other colleges, institutions that have similar goals, and research interests
- Promotes Research and Development activities towards the following fields:
- Plant Biotechnology in general and Aromatic and Medicinal plant biotechnology in particular.
- Field trials related research in Biotechnology.
- Developing designs and pilot plant trials for utilization of research in biotechnology.
- Microbial and enzyme transformations.
- Biotechnology based techniques for pollution control and environment Protection.
- Establishing protocols for plants of economic importance for rural development, social forestry and horticulture.
- Biotechnology, Plant Tissue culture, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Botany, Microbiology, Zoology, Chemical Engineering, Quality Management, Food Preservation and other related areas,
- Viable technologies, which are of economic and national importance.
- Has established a Research and Development center, set up research laboratories equipped with latest research equipments and machinery, to carry out the objectives of the Trust.
- Engages with scientific and other supporting non-scientific personnel
- Establishes and conducts Diploma courses in Perfumery and Cosmetics and also other courses permitted by the University of Mumbai and /or University Grants Commission or any other approved authority.
- Engages with persons, acts and deeds that may be incidental, necessary or conductive to achieve the objectives of the Trust.
Keeping in view the Objectives of the Trust, the Late Shri Govind Damodar fondly referred to as Bhausaheb Kelkar established the V.G. Vaze College of Arts, Science and Commerce at Mithagar Road, Mulund (E) Mumbai-81 on 20th June 1984. He created well equipped laboratories for undergraduate courses and state of the art laboratories for research and development. The Scientific Research Center was subsequently established. The Trust promotes Research by encouraging the faculty to engage in research activities including higher degrees as also to guide students who wish to do M.Phils and PhDs. The Advanced Chemistry Laboratory and Instrumentation Center were added in due course of time to expand the scope of scientific activities.
Late Bhausaheb Kelkar, a renowned Industrialist and Philanthropist believed in the philosophy “No Business in Charity and No Charity in Business”.
The present Trustees follow the path laid down by the visionaries, Late Annasaheb Vaze and Late Bhausaheb Kelkar.